Apprentice Plasterer Regency Building & Joinery Services Ltd
We are on the lookout for a new Plastering Apprentice to join our team. At Regency Building and Joinery Services ltd we see apprentices as key to the ongoing growth of our business. Travel will be in Papplewick/West Bridgford as this is where majority of our work is based
Closing date: 24 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
29 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Plaster boarding screw fix
- Dot and dab fixing plasterboard
- Solid wall plastering
- Skim finish
- Taping/angle beading
- Plaster coving
- Manual handling of materials
- Relevant preparation work
- General housekeeping (work area clean and tidy)
- Management of health and safety
- Ensuring all tools are accounted for by the end of the workday
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
We specialise in new builds, extensions and major refurbishments. As well as garden walls, patios, driveways, loft conversions and much more, providing a totally professional service that is second to none. As a well-established company; we provide the very best in building services, supplying only the best quality products and services.
At Regency Building we specialise in the manufacture of bespoke wooden windows, doors, stairs, conservatories, porches and handmade wooden furniture and cabinets. We believes that our commitment and dedication to first class quality and service is at the very heart of our business and our success.
We remove the stress from your projects by offering a design, build and project management service from planning to completion. Our team of specialists range from architects, to builders, to electricians, to plasterers, to plumbers, and are on hand to cater to every stage of the project.
Regency Building & Joinery Services Ltd
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Plaster Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.