IT Support Apprentice Iceland Manufacturing Limited
To provide the provision of technical support for Information System Services and telephony platforms, daily administration of systems and hardware and software, maintenance and preventative maintenance of systems, applications and relevant hardware, effective use of corporate policy to support the delivery of IML’s information systems platforms.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
29 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Providing Desk side Support addressing IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate
- Assisting with onsite hardware support
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
- Document or escalate ICT tasks as appropriate to ensure a clear audit trail and progression of issues
- Be involved in System Implementation Projects to provide support
- Be aware of Development tools and practices to assist in support of Developed Systems
- General Administration
Apprentice must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprenticeship qualification within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (both written and over the telephone)
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Good time and task management skills
- A team player
- Willingness to learn.
- A natural passion for IT
- Ability to work independently.
- Organised individual with a very good attention to detail
- 4 GCSEs including Maths, English grades 9-4 (A-C) or the equivalent
- High degree of computer literacy
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to progress within the company.
Things to consider
Your appliation must include any grades achieved or predicted for GCSE maths and English.
As this vacancy is for a level 3 apprenticeship we would advise that you check your application for spelling and grammar and that you answer each section fully.
The successfu applicant must be able to travel to the site daily at Hammerstone Road, Gorton,M18 8BW
Although some interviews may be completed remotely, it is expected that as restrictions are lifted applicants must be able to attend the above site if invited for interview.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Iceland is one of Britain’s fastest growing and most innovative retailers, recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK.
Based at their factory in Gorton, Manchester, they manufacture own branded and Slimming World frozen ready meals to sell in their stores.
This is a great opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to join our IT Manager at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Haniyah 01204 482038 Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk
- IT Solutions Technician Level 3
- Including End Point Assessment (EPA)
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.