Software Testing Apprentice Bespoke 4 Business
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester with b4b, a Digital Marketing and Custom Software Agency based in Poole.
Closing date: 06 Dec 2021
£14,000.00 - £18,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
10 Aug 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
You will assist with the delivery, on time and on budget, of software projects by helping the software team test various platforms to ensure smooth delivery of our ideas.
In time you’ll become responsible for all aspects of testing on integrated systems by using both end to end and user acceptance testing, plus occasionally exploratory and automation testing too.
You will have a designated mentor, learn how to use our various software management tools and familiarise yourself with our current clients, services, and ongoing projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Analysing product specifications, software requirements specifications and software prototypes, identifying and defining the functional and non-functional testing required
- Produce high level test plans
- Providing impacts for the required testing
- Working with software team to plan and develop test cases
- Preparing test plans and detailed test scripts
- Specifying and creating test data
- Producing low level test plans
- Developing automated testing scripts where appropriate
- Maintainance of test plans and test scripts
- Executing and Supporting automated tests
- Providing timely feedback to the dev teams
- Analysing and documenting issues that are discovered during testing by creating defects
- Performing regression testing
- Verifying and Closing issues resolved during the testing cycle
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- A strong ability to articulate your ideas in written form
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Previous job experience (not necessarily in the software / digital sector)
- Ready to embark on an exciting and challenging career
- Enthusiastic about the software & digital industry
- Self-motivated and organised
8 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent including English Language, Science and maths.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding and modern business that recognises achievement and will invest time in your training and professional development. A competitive salary of between £14-18k, is offered along with 29.5 days holiday (including bank holidays), regular social & team building events, subsidised gym membership, free parking, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and other benefits.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We're based right in the middle of the UK's fastest-growing digital hub that is Poole/Bournemouth, and as a prominent digital marketing agency, we have ambitious plans for growth. In order to achieve our plans, we need great people. Our people are at the heart of everything we do because without them, we simply wouldn’t be able to offer our clients the excellent service they deserve.
We already have a great team. Our designers, project managers and business analysts are among the best in the business. But we are growing fast and there is always room for more talent.
To help our people give us the best, we make sure we give them our best too. We are continually training and developing our people, to arm them with the skills that will make us competitive in today's market. We encourage our staff to grow and develop with us in this fast-moving industry.
Bespoke 4 Business
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Tom Lindley 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.