Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Etz Chaim Jewish Primary School is a modern orthodox Jewish, Free School in Mill Hill, London that caters for children between the ages of 3-11 years old. The school opened in 2011 and now has approximately 215 children on role with a Reception intake of 28 children. The vast majority of pupils live in very close proximity to the school.
Closing date: 16 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
17 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our Teaching Assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working with children desirable, but not essential
- A team player
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to handle situations independently
- Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children
- Someone who is strong minded
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4, including English and maths
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all
- We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults
- To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2020 is all around the development and wellbeing of our apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and have twice come runner up in their annual business awards for Best Social Enterprise or Charity (2016 and 2017).
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Sophie Oliver 07858007944 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
Training within the role:
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.