Nursery Nurse Apprentice Radcliffe on Trent Day Nursery
Apprentice Nursery Nurse required to work in a nursery environment, with opportunities to work at the forest school caring for children from 0-5 years. Interested in this role? Apply today!
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Ensure children are within a safe caring environment following the settings safeguarding policy and procedures, under close staff supervision
- Assist staff to ensure children’s individual care plans and routines are met
- Provide and support stimulating activities to enhance children’s development
- Interact positively with children, parents, visitors and other staff members
- Make a positive contribution towards new ideas for activities and displays
- Carry out domestic duties to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- Meeting and greeting of children and parents
- Assisting children at meal times and preparing a hygienic environment
- Help to provide children with stimulating activities that relate to their interests and which promote development linking to the EYFS
- Preparing recourses and helping to create a warm, safe and friendly environment
- Record and share information to relevant people in a professional manner
- To gain knowledge from experienced staff using them as a positive role model
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic approach and a willingness to learn
- Positive communication skills
- Able to adapt
- Work in a team
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Reliable and trustworthy
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and warmth
- A good work ethic and sense of pride in their role
- Desire to achieve high standards
- Good time keeper
Minimum of GCSE or equivalent Grade A*-C in English language or literature and maths (grade 9-4 or functional skills).
Possible progression for the right candidate.
About the employer
A private brand-new state of the art day nursery situated in West Bridgford. The company has three nurseries in its chain and a forest school. The nursery is open 52 weeks of the year from 7.30am to 6.00pm. The company is constantly expanding in the numbers of children and facilities offered to not only the families at the nursery but the community as well. All staff are trained to the highest standards which in turn leads to an outstanding work force and outstanding care for the children.
Radcliffe on Trent Day Nursery
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Zoe Hayes 07918907110 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.