Level 2 Sewing Machinist Apprentice Foams 4 Sports Ltd
As a Process Operator you need to be capable of performing all duties within the Factory. Your primary responsibility will be to produce various products for the sports and medical industry using an industrial walking foot sewing machine. Products include crash mat covers, bean bags and soft play.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will ensure that products and services are produced efficiently; that they are of the right quality, quantity, and cost; and that they are produced and dispatched on time, to the satisfaction of the customer and in line with company expectations.
- Experience working in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machines
- Experience cutting using an Eastman preferable
- Various duties throughout the manufacturing section including:
- Product assembly/fabrication of various products for the sports and medical industry
- Cutting, sewing and welding various products to production specifications/instructions
- Packing of various products for dispatch
- Loading /Unloading vehicles
- Ensuring manufacture of the products is cost effective with minimal waste generated.
- Completing the necessary paperwork /records
- Maintaining the quality standards agreed.
- Be able to travel if required subject to agreement
- During maintenance ensure that procedures are carefully followed accurately.
- Adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures detailed in the Employees Handbook.
- Ensuring Safety and good housekeeping within the factory including taking reasonable care for the health and safety of himself/herself and that of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions.
- Reporting to his/her immediate manager any hazard which may be discovered at, or in the vicinity of, the place of work.
- Work within a team environment and to treat other work colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as reasonably requested by your manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience working in a busy environment
- Hard working
- Applicants must pass an initial assessment with Blackburn College
- Full time role at the end of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
About the employer
Foams 4 Sports Ltd is a privately owned company, operating from two manufacturing sites in Manchester & Shrewsbury.
It was established in November 2006 with the aim of becoming the No 1 supplier of sports safety products to the sports & leisure markets. Our management & production teams have over 20 years experience manufacturing & supplying sports safety matting & landing areas. It is this experience in the marketplace that has helped our Company to grow quickly.
In September 2010 we acquired Full of Beans (UK) Ltd, (www.full-of-beans.co.uk) with the aim of developing the renowned Full of Beans brand still further in the education & leisure markets. Customers can be confident in the quality of our products & services & we welcome all as partners. Our company motto is QUALITY, SERVICE AND VALUE & we firmly believe that in the marketplace we are ‘second to none’. If you feel that we have not matched ours or your expectations then please let us know so we can work to continually improve.
Currently our products are being used in many varied locations such as gyms and leisure centres, schools, martial arts clubs, rugby clubs, hockey clubs, private health clubs and also in physical training rooms as used by the police, hospitals, and HM prisons.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 email@example.com
- Level 2 Sewing Machinist Apprenticeship
- Level 1 English and maths Functional Skills (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.