Advanced Apprenticeship Standard in Dental Nursing Good Dentist
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Jan 2022
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Seek to provide optimum dental care
- Ensure that the dental surgery operates efficiently, is fully stocked, and equipped, and that the operating environment for the dentist is as efficient as possible
- Help provide a comfortable, attractive, clean, and uncluttered environment for the patients
- Maintain correct uniform and a professional manner and appearance
- Deal competently and safely with hazardous or toxic waste or materials
- Be flexible with hours of work in case of a dental emergency
- Be responsible for the maintenance of equipment
- Process and file x-rays
- Ensure cross infection control is maintained
- Check and change x-ray processing machines
- Monitor autoclaves daily using test strips
- Clean suction tubes and check drain
- Check day notes
- Write up day notes if necessary
- Greet patients at the door and escort to and from the surgery
- Make appointments for patients in person or on the telephone for the dentist and hygienist
- Be able to communicate comfortably and effectively with patients about money and accept/record payments for treatment in the appropriate manner
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- IT skills
- Calm, confident, and reassuring manner
- Ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- Positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working, and committed individuals
- Committed to this being a long-term career aspiration
- Keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Could progress to a qualified Dental Nurse or Hygienist training upon completion.
Things to consider
Hepatitis B vaccinations will be essential.
You will be required undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Applications will only be accepted through the National Apprenticeship Website:
Please do not contact the employer directly.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted by The Oldham College (normally via email) to invite you to attend a pre-interview and initial assessment.
About the employer
The Good Dentist are looking for someone passionate about building a career as a Dental Nurse. They are a well-established practice, providing an NHS and private dental service to both adults and young people.
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Andrea Kearns 0161 785 4072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.