Print Technician Apprentice - Machine Route Delta Display Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Delta Group as an Apprentice. This role will be supporting the internal finishing management team. Is this the role you are looking for? Apply today!
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Delta Group is the parent company of 5 internationally recognised organisations: Lick Creative, Superior Creative Services, Zone, Delta Display and MPD Fulfilment.
As a major visual communications group, we specialise in the design, print and fulfilment of promotional marketing materials. Our aim is to innovate, progress and evolve our clients’ marketing campaigns to give stand-out in a crowded market. We’re owner-managed and independent, leading small teams of influential thinkers, meaning that we have the agility of a small business but the resources of a large one.
Our belief is that in a changing industry, we must be a company that can change with it.
- Cutting/creasing of printed and plain materials
- Following a QC process
- Setting and managing jobs from start to finish
- Lean manufacturing, producing work as efficiently as possible
- Reporting any variances to the management team
- Adhering to Health and Safety policy
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to be flexible assisting with overtime where possible
- Punctual and professional
GCSE maths and English Grade C/4, equivalent or above, or maths and English Functional Skills Level 2.
Full time position within the company is available to the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- Due to health and safety the applicants must be at least 18 years
- They will be exposed to different machines here at Delta and learning their operations
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Since being formed in 1991, Delta has grown into one of Europe's largest suppliers of printed promotional materials for retail marketing campaigns.
Our clients include global brands, European retailers and international entertainment companies.
We employ over 600 people at five main locations in London, Waltham Abbey, Dublin, Leeds and Los Angeles, with customer support centres and regional distribution centres throughout the UK.
LEARN 2 PRINT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learn 2 Print
Print Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- A full plan will be formulated to give a progressive, structured training scheme
- Training modules will be issued at each stage covering all aspects of on-site training with practical experience
- This will cover everything including health and safety and general industrial practices
- Industry specific technical training will take place on every module offering the apprentice a unique opportunity to learn from industry professionals
- Training on each module will be to a required standard rather than a time limit
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- 1 day per month study at workplace with Learn2print
- Allocated assessor with regular visits to the workplace to review practical element of the apprenticeship
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.