Commis Chef Apprentice Crowne Plaza
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is passionate about food and cooking. This role will involve assisting the head chef in a busy hotel kitchen.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Ensure excellent standards and great quality food is prepared for our guests
- Prepare and garnish food orders in accordance with menu specifications
- Adhere to health and safety and food hygiene procedures at all times
- Complete all required food safety and hotel training
- Ensure close down of your section correctly
- Maintain cleanliness standards at all times
- Ensure correct items are sent from the kitchen at all times
- Perform tasks within a friendly manner
- Report maintenance and hygiene issues
- Awareness of departmental targets and work to achieve them
- Support the kitchen team however required.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to produce good quality basic food
- Understanding of health and safety
- Ability to work under supervision of a limited range
- Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
- Good communication
- Team Player
- Some experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Good time keeping
- A passion for cooking
- Hardworking and reliable
- Grade C/4 or above in maths and English GCSE or functional skills Level 2. Desirable.
- A permanent position to the right candidate
Things to consider
- Hourly pay £8.91 per hour.
About the employer
Centre Island is a privately funded limited hotel company founded in 1995 with 9 hotels across 5 cities. Including Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.
Crowne Plaza is a 228 bedroom hotel located in the city centre of Manchester.
HOPWOOD HALL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hopwood Hall College
Hannah 0161 6556941 email@example.com
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard. This will involve one day a week day release to college.
- May be required to work towards GCSE or Functional skills maths and English if not already achieved.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.