Production Chef Apprentice Sam Balsini
La Mensa Italian Restaurant and Take-Away are looking to recruit a hardworking individual to support in creating Italian dishes in their restaurant based just outside of Nottingham City Centre. You will become a pivotal part of the team and will be trained and mentored to achieve the level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 21 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Nov 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Produce dishes to suit individuals' specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to learn
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
La Mensa is a family run business serving Italian food using the best products. The restaurant has earned a good reputation for its pasta and pizza. We pride ourselves on great service and excellent food! We welcome any candidate that is hard working and willing to learn!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef Level 2.
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required)
- Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.