Apprentice Landscaper Ashwood Services
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Hard Landscaper to join our hardworking team. There is a requirement to be fit and able to fit the demands of the role.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Since 2004 Ashwood Services has earned a solid reputation for quality work and top-class service and has been responsible for many landscape projects throughout Hull and East Yorkshire. We are currently looking for an Apprentice Hard Landscaper to join our hardworking team. We enjoy what we do and want the future apprentice to enjoy this industry too as well learn from us.
There is a requirement to be fit and able to fit the demands of the role.
Things to Consider: There is lifting of equipment, and quite a lot of activity and movement involved. We also, within reason, work in all weathers.
We are willing to teach our skills and want someone who is willing to learn.
Landscape Duties Include:
- Hard and soft landscaping including laying paving, turfing, decking and fencing
- Site preparation – groundworks and excavation
- Setting of Levels and Falls
- Selecting and using tools and equipment consistent with risk assessments
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues
- Operate machinery
- Friendly & Polite Manner
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
Requirements and prospects
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
No qualifications required as full training will be given, but candidate should have a good level of English and maths.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to full time employment
- We have already helped 4 apprentice on the career ladder, 2 of which remains with us today and now we want to reopen the apprenticeship role to another person to join us
Things to consider
- Weekend work may apply
- The vacancy is based in a rural area and public transport links are minimal. You will need to ensure that you can access the employer and training provider in line with the hours of work
- If you are short listed for this vacancy you may need to attend more than one interview
- The role will involve working outdoors / in all weathers / driving agricultural vehicles / using heavy equipment/lifting etc.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Ashwood Services is a well-established Landscaping company that has earned a solid reputation for quality work and top-class service and has been responsible for many landscape projects throughout Hull and East Yorkshire.
Due to consistent and increased workloads over the last year we are looking for a new Apprentice landscaper to grow our hardworking team.
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Burton College
Michelle Bailey email@example.com
Level 2 - Horticulture and Landscape Operative standard:
- Training will be delivered mostly in the workplace with an assessor coming to do work-based reviews, assessments and observations
- One day a week attendance will be required at college to work towards the knowledge part of the apprenticeship and functional skills English and maths if required
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.