Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Sophisticate Too Ltd
A salon in Rugby, Sophisticut too salon is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Feb 2022
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours
- Blow drying, styling etc.
- As part of your working work you will receive training from the salon's stylists and you will visit a Heart of England Training centre to work towards your qualification in hairdressing
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
- Must be friendly and polite
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 Hair Professional, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training program for the right candidate.
Things to consider
This will be a full time position working 30 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening and Saturdays are essential.
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an Apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing Apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Family run salon near Rugby town centre with a large and varied clients base for you to help develop.
Sophisticate Too Ltd
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788820132 Emma.Stead@hoet.co.uk
- Level 2 Hair Professional
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.