Childcare Apprentice Leos Day Nursery Ltd
As a key member of the nursery team, you will be responsible for providing the best educational and childcare provision to young children in your care, adhering to all relevant policies and procedures.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking a developmental programme leading to an Early Years qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescales
- Actively participating in your own development plan, working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- Undertaking induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
- Keeping your mentor informed of your progress and raising any concerns/issues with them
- Supporting the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records
- Undertaking a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
Requirements and prospects
Be able to communicate with young children.
- Hold a passion for education and educating our children
- Believe in shaping a future, not only for the children, but for themselves
- Be articulate & friendly
- Be able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- GCSE maths & English C/4 or above (ideally) or equivalent
- Any associated qualifications, i.e. Health & Social Care, Childcare Studies etc. would be preferable
As with any apprenticeship opportunity, if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
About the employer
Leo's Day Nursery is located in the heart of West Bridgford, Nottingham, and is set in a large, detached period property with a wealth of character and features, that has a spacious, mature and secure garden for wonderful outdoor play. The nursery features a Baby Room, Toddler & Nursery Room, and a dedicated Pre-School.
Offering children a broad range of outdoor experiences, Leo’s Nursery has its own secure garden that our children love to spend time in. It has both grassed and hard-standing areas meaning that the children can run and play freely but also take advantage of ride-ons for extra fun. We also have a variety of other features in our outdoor environment - sand and digging areas, a vegetable patch, our mud kitchen and moveable toys and resources such as our big outdoor construction blocks.
Further physical activity is provided by occasional visits to neighbouring Bridgford Park - and tennis sessions. Leo’s is a short walk away from West Bridgford town centre, which enables us to make full use of the local amenities. Children wearing distinctive Leo’s fluorescent tabards can often be seen visiting the local shops, library and parks. These outings offer valuable and memorable learning experiences for our children.
Leo’s is a vibrant nursery in the heart of its community, and organises many charity events. Leo’s children have lots of fun participating in these various fund-raising events and this helps to promote our aim of providing a caring and loving environment.
We aim to provide a homely environment and a calming tranquil space. We always use neutral colours and natural materials and create cosy places for children to sit and look at books or engage in deep learning. Our staff team work hard to provide exciting learning opportunities in a wonderful calming environment, which impacts positively on your child’s happiness and well-being.
Our ethos is demonstrated by how we focus on and deliver activities which celebrate magical moments in nursery, and promote curiosity, imagination, creativity, awe and wonder for children. A stimulating environment to play in and explore helps your child learn and grow. We follow ‘The Curiosity Approach’ and use real items to offer authentic experiences to children. Tea parties are much more interesting, educational and stimulating if you are using a real tea set, real food and real tea (with cold water obviously) rather than using a plastic tea-set, imitation food, and other simulated resources.
We learn from families what it is that their children are interested in, and extend these interests at nursery - sharing with you what the children have created or been trying out or practicing whilst they’ve been at nursery - and you’ll get to see them in action on the online learning system that we use.
Leo’s Day Nursery in West Bridgford holds a “Good” OFSTED rating.
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CT Skills
Lesley Bell email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Maths and /or English Functional Skills 2 (as required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.