Technical Support Technician Apprentice Vestas Celtic Wind Technology
This vacancy is for a Technical Engineer Apprentice based in Cheshire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
27 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Operating within the Northern Europe business units of Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd focuses exclusively on selling, constructing and operating onshore wind power plants in the UK and Ireland. With offices in Warrington and Dublin, the Service Department looks after the servicing and maintenance of wind turbines in the UK and Ireland.
Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd is synonymous with professionalism, innovation and the capability of providing robust business solutions for our customers. To achieve our targets, we offer our employees a good working environment where openness, passion and willpower are the daily ingredients to embrace the exciting tasks. If you are as enthusiastic about the wind industry as we are, you may be the colleague we are looking for.
Technical Apprentice with the ultimate aim of completing training and becoming a Technical Planner for sites across the UK and Ireland.
Duties may include:
- Fault diagnostics - error log analysis and review of recurring alarms, with a view to creating technical solutions for the business moving forward
- Review across multiple sites, focused analysis and technical comparison. Identifying underlying issues and faults - with a solutions-focused view
- First line support for the various sites under Vestas Celtic control, communicating with both field and office - proving key updates to the technical lead, whilst also feeding into wider technical planning team. In some occasions potentially customer interaction
- Ownership of future assigned platform type
- Regular interaction with global technical support teams as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- A technical mind
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems and find solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box, curious and innovative
- Must possess an interest in engineering
- Motivated and committed individual
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4/C or above including English, maths. Science is desirable
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable
- Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment
- They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer
Things to consider
- Please do not contact the Company direct
- Please note: we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist
- Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role
What We Offer:
- We offer a very competitive apprentice salary, 25 days annual leave, optional Medical/Dental cover as well as a pension. Vestas has some of the best training the industry can offer for a career, there is no limit to where you can go within the company, renewables is the market to be in for the future
- Primary work location is Warrington, UK
- This position/apprentice training program will require travel across UK/IRE and Denmark
- Successful candidate must (to their knowledge) not be scared of heights as part of the apprentice training program and the role at the end of it, they will be expected to work at height inside the turbines to become familiar with the equipment. Some of the wind turbines are 100 metres in height
About the employer
We work closely and openly with you to understand your business goals and how best to meet your needs, collaborating toward innovative long-term solutions.
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chris Cumpstey 01254 54659
- Level 3 Engineering Construction Erector / Rigger Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning. Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results.
- Grade A-C (8-4) and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills. Certification evidence will need to be provided.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Engineering construction erector rigger
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.