Administration Apprentice (Insurance Practitioner) Lumley Insurance Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Administrator to join our busy team in Cirencester. This is a great opportunity for anybody interested in the Insurance industry.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
27 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main responsibilities will include:
- Handle incoming calls, taking messages when required
- Receive/greet visitors on behalf of the company, supply refreshments where required
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of the business and assist when required
- Develop and maintain existing internal office data systems
- General filing and office duties
- Ensure all outgoing post is addressed correctly, apply correct postage and dispatch
- Prepare for and attend underwriters meetings at the office and at underwriters premises as required
- Check and prepare renewal documentation and schedules for Client Account Handler
- Undertake training as required to keep up to date with office, insurers and compliance requirements
- Help organise office functions
- Build a good relationship between the company, suppliers and third parties
- Attend meetings when required
- Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Maintain Mailing Database
- Help support Marketing projects and ideas
- Update database and prepare information reports on new clients
- Liaise with clients and assess requirements
- Obtain quotations from underwriters
- Check and prepare quotation correspondence to clients
- Check and process new policy documents
- Carry out all procedures in place to meet requirements of FCA
- Assist Operations Manager in ensuring the company adheres to FCA and other regulatory regulations.
- Assist with Reports every month
- Prepare documentation for Meetings
- Attend client meetings and underwriter meetings away from the office
Requirements and prospects
- Good I.T. skills including Word, Excel and e-mail
- A conscientious approach to work tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work using own initiative
GCSE English and maths, grade A*-C (9-4), or equivalent qualifications.
The successful candidate will undergo a thorough training program to help achieve progression to a Client Account Handler with a book of their own clients and the knowledge to provide an exceptional level of personal service.
Things to consider
Although not essential, it's preferred that the candidate will have their own transport and a full clean driving licence.
About the employer
Lumley Insurance is a more traditional kind of insurance broker. For the past 25 years, we have specialised in offering high value home insurance policies tailored to the needs of our clients and their lifestyles.
We have done so with an exceptional standard of personal service, attention to detail and integrity. Today, John and Christopher Lumley lead an experienced team to provide a traditional service with a focus on discerning clients. A service that will cover a wide variety of household and commercial insurance, from buildings and contents to fine art, ensuring peace of mind without compromising your budget.
We are here to offer advice and support throughout the process, from finding the right policy for you to ensuring any claims run smoothly.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Cirencester College 01285 626259 email@example.com
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
The supporting qualification for the apprenticeship is either the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) or the Certificate in Claims Handling (Cert CILA). There are different routes to achieve the credits required for these qualifications, the route selected will depend on the individual business but must include the mandatory modules as specified by the awarding body.
Where required, we can also provide Functional Skills teaching in English and maths at Level 2.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.