Apprentice Production Chef STEAMIN' BILLY BREWING CO LIMITED
We are looking to add an additional chef to our team who is looking to forge a career in Hospitality. The Kitchen is the Critical Heart of our business and we require a chef to grow with our business post coronavirus, developing skills to become a quality addition to the team and future.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will be to assist with all operations of the Kitchen. Deliveries, Preparation and Production of Menu items, adhering to safe standards of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and Company Standards. Cleanliness is an Important aspect of Catering and will involve aspects of cleaning and pot washing, an essential part of the role along with actual food preparation. We are a 5* Rated Food Business
The opportunity to learn in a supportive friendly kitchen team is available for someone looking to grasp such an opportunity. Attitude to learning is more important than initial ability and we are looking forward to developing an individual into something great.
The role will include;
- Accepting Deliveries and Storing as Required
- Food Preparation to Specification and Standards, Pre Service
- Food Production to Specification and Standards during Service.
- Maintaining a Clean as you go Work Environment and ensuring Critical Control Points of Food Hygiene.
- Complying with Food Hygiene and Hazard Control Points, Documentation and Legislation.
- Assisting the Kitchen Team to Maintain a Clean and Safe 5* Rated Kitchen Environment.
- Pot Washing duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- A basic understanding of food preparation and hygiene in a Great British Pub.
- An insight into Hospitality businesses and the exciting opportunities open to forging a career
- Good Levels of Personal Hygiene Standards and Presentation
- A Great Attitude to Personally Developing them self and their Skill Level within a Hospitality Business
- A Positive Friendly Personality and Work ethic
- Punctuality and Personal Integrity developing into a valued member of the team and community
- Drive and Ambition, with a ‘Can Do’ Attitude.
- An Interest in Great British Pubs and the Role they Play in Society and Communities.
4 GCSE at E/2 or above including maths and English or equivalent.
Permanent role for successful candidate and/or progression onto higher level apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Travel due to working hours.
- The Position involves working weekends.
- Kitchen work is fast paced in a hot environment.
Developing Kitchen Skills is a Critical Skill in forging an exciting Career Path either in a Kitchen or Front of House. Kitchens are the Heart Beat of most Hospitality businesses and the Career Progression Possibilities are Endless for Someone who Can Master the Skills and Attitude to Achieve Great things.
About the employer
The Railway Steamin Billy is a Traditional Great British Pub at the Heart of Hinckley, Opposite the Railway Station. High standards of Customer Service and Quality delivered by a Friendly Team.
We position ourselves at the Heart of Our Community, Providing Something above the normal Pub Offering. Quality Real Ales from Steamin Billy Brewing Co, Artisan and Best of British Brewers. A First Class range of Gins & Great Wines. Coffee is an Emerging development within our business, bringing something new to the Railway post Coronavirus to rival and compete with a Plethora of Coffee Shops and Cafes.
Our Kitchen is a Core part of our business and reputation. We serve a great Menu of Pub Classics, Burgers, Steaks and Pies, along with a Renowned Roast on Sunday Lunch. Fresh and Quality Ingredients served Perfectly to a high standard of presentation in an efficient and prompt manner.
Steamin Billy is a Proud Operator of Great British Pubs. Our Integrity as a Responsible Pub business is reflected in our reputation and we endeavour to be the epitome of Great Pubs.
STEAMIN' BILLY BREWING CO LIMITED
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
- Production Chef level 2 Standard (workplace based)
- Functional Skills maths and English if required
- Option of generic business skills workshops (online)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.