Apprentice Machine Operative Farnworth & Langan (Blackburn) Ltd
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Machinist based in Blackburn. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
27 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This rewarding career requires a broad skill set —math, mechanical design, interpreting technical drawings and programs, eye for detail — to properly transform a metal casting into a valuable working machined part. It’s a unique fusion of digital and physical, brains and hands-on work.
CNC Machinists work with computer numerical controlled machine (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic and other materials. Computer numerical controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into material. CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well and producing a quality product. They review the finished product to make sure it is defect free and ready for the next step in production.
Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled complex and precision work. They machine components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools.
The range of tools and equipment you may use as part of your daily tasks may include:
- Centre Lathes
- Vertical and Horizontal Milling Machines
- Horizontal and Cylindrical Grinding Machines
- Single and Multi-Axis CNC Machines
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Must have an interest in Engineering
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above including English, maths.
- Science and Technology is desirable.
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable.
- Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment. They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Things to consider
- Please do not contact Company direct. PLEASE NOTE; we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
Our company’s expertise has fundamentally been to provide sub-contract precision engineering services to the tipping gear and earth moving industries, but have, as an acknowledgement of market requirements, been able to diversify into producing varying components for numerous industries, including manufacturers of conveyors, industrial doors, bar fittings and furniture.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- CNC Machining
- Fabrication Engineering
- Plasma & Profile Burning
- General Engineering
Our rolling investment in plant and equipment, together with our highly skilled and experienced workforce, has ensured that we can meet the demands of our customers for high volume and/or ‘One-Off’ components in a wide variety of materials.
Our commitment to service and stringent levels of quality, ensure customer satisfaction whilst providing a broad range of components to a wide variety of manufacturing sectors, some of which Farnworth & Langan have been working with for more than 40 years.
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chris Cumpstey 01254 54659 email@example.com
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.