Dental Nurse Apprenticeship at Bradley Shorthouse Dental Practice D Bradley
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our friendly family run dental practice for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our team.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
03 Nov 2021
25 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- They must ensure the dentist's comments, regarding the condition of the patient's mouth throughout the check-up, are recorded correctly
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time, taking care to sterilise all instruments and disinfect all working areas
- Dental instruments must be ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice, making the patients feel welcome and comfortable. Working sometimes under pressure, dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist, endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Able to reassure nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
- Hardworking, able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times, record information relayed by the dentist accurately at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area, booking appointments, cleaning equipment and surgery
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Calm under pressure
- Impeccable personal presentation, no jewellery, false eye lashes or false nails/nail polish
- Candidates must have at least GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in both maths and English or equivalent qualification Level 2 functional skillls
Candidates can continue to study further and enrol on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education or work their way into Practice Management or University
Things to consider
You will be dealing with nervous patients and possibly blood/saliva/poor oral hygiene.
A DBS check is required for the role.
Vaccinations are required for the role.
About the employer
Located within the heart of Kidderminster, we provide outstanding dental care and the very latest cosmetic dental procedures all within our friendly relaxed environment. So whether you want to improve the appearance of your smile or just wish to maintain healthy teeth and gums, you will always receive a warm welcome from the Bradley Shorthouse team.
Our on-going commitment to improving and following the highest industry standards, ensures you get the very best professional advice and treatment to suit your needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Ruth Richardson 07981142826 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will gain a level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing, which will enable you to register with the GDC
- You will also receive a full in house training programme
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.