Apprentice Administrator Blackman & White Ltd
A varied role encompassing many areas of the business from general administration duties, assisting with purchasing, managing diaries and schedules - this role is for a confident, well organised individual who would like to progress within a small company.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
- Answering the telephone
- Maintaining conference room and organising refreshments for meetings
- Dealing with visitors
- Booking shipping
- Assisting with purchasing
- Administration of company fleet of vehicles (booking servicing, MOTs etc)
- Administration of company insurances
- Processing customer orders, despatching goods and sales invoices
- Managing staff holidays and calendars
- Project work may include status of customer delivery schedule and purchase parts required to cover orders - reporting to the General Manager in an excel spreadsheet to identify shortages and long lead items
- Ad hoc admin duties.
We have a small office based staff of 3 and this role will be an integral part of the administration support team for all the other departments within the company. On a day to day basis the apprentice will have contact with all the other staff within the business from MD to other apprentices.
Requirements and prospects
- Excel, Outlook and Word
- Team skills but also independent working
- Excellent communicator
- Good work ethic, reliable, good time keeping
- GCSEs or equivalent including maths and English at grades A*-C/9-4
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- Progression route for the future would be Office Manager
Things to consider
- Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Blackman and White are a high tech international company manufacturing and distributing fixed blade and laser flatbed cutting machines throughout the world.
Factory environment with some office space. Based in Heybridge, Essex.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 email@example.com
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus
- Candidates will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.