Junior Hairdresser Apprentice Roberta Wilson
Opportunity for an outgoing, friendly and proactive individual looking to start a career within hairdressing. This is an opportunity to join a well-established and renowned salon to be guided by an industry expert.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
25 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for an enthusiastic member of staff to join Roberta. Somebody willing to step into a busy salon helping with all aspects. Somebody committed, friendly and who is passionate about the industry will have a long and successful career path.
- Customer service and client relationships
- Taking bookings via telephone, email and social media
- Wash and style hair. Washing and blow-drying using correct products
- Trim cut and colour hair on models and with assistance – you will work up to this throughout your apprenticeship
- Prepare colours and prepare stylists columns
- Help maintain the professional image of the salon
- General housekeeping duties in between clients and at the beginning and end of the day
- Learning styles, cuts and any other treatments you will need to complete your apprenticeship
- Taking payments by card and cash
- Learning about hair extensions
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Have had previous work experience
- Friendly and outgoing manner
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Smart professional appearance
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
GCSE Grades A to C / 9-4 or equivalent
For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to continue learning after this programme and to progress onto the level 3 apprenticeship standard in Hair. Roberta is keen to support development as much as she is able using various methods of training.
Things to consider
Working in the hair and beauty sector sounds very glamourous, making people look and feel their best but you should be aware that there is a great deal of standing involved, you must be able to chat to people and make them feel happy and relaxed even if you are having a bad day and you will be involved in regular housekeeping duties as it's an important part of the salon image.
About the employer
Roberta Wilson is a renowned hair stylist in and around the East Midlands. She has 35 years’ experience in the hairdressing industry. Roberta loves making her clients feel a million dollars from unique blunt box bobs, to rainbow locks with undercuts! Roberta’s work has been featured in the Capital Hair and Beauty magazine. Hairdressing has always been her passion and she can’t imagine doing anything else.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Rachel Gould 01623 627191 Rachel.email@example.com
Full level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard
Including Functional Skills if required
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the administrative profession.
You will attend our bespoke and well-known training centre in Mansfield on a weekly basis for the day release element of your apprenticeship.
You will gather all learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio (OneFile).
At the end of the planned learning period, you along with your employer and training provider will agree that you have completed all learning elements and are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.