Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Childcare - Early Years Educator Early Learning Childcare
As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course. You will be welcomed and encouraged to work alongside qualified staff, in addition to gaining qualifications that will help you to start your career in the childcare sector.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course. Although you will be welcomed and encouraged to work alongside qualified staff, there are some basic rules that must apply.
Apprentices must never be left alone with children – there must be a qualified member of staff present at all times. Qualified staff are responsible for all that happens in their nursery and while apprentices are encouraged to participate, they must respect the decision of their supervisor at all times.
Reports to: Nursery Management Team
- Support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- Learn the skills of a childcare practitioner, (on the job), working practically as part of the team
- Learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Show commitment to achieving the apprenticeship in the agreed timeframe
- Work in partnership with your assessor
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Ensure you attend all the training courses and staff meetings as required
- Complete and submit work to agreed timelines
- Work with all age groups
- Never be left unsupervised with the children
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative and showing resilience to take responsibility for getting things done
- Maintain the upkeep of your Personal File
- Learn, understand, and implement the Early Learning Childcare's policies and procedures within the nursery
- Understand the values and principles of the sector and implement them in your daily routine with the children
- Follow the EYFS when caring for our children
- Support and promote diversity and equality
- Gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- Contribute/complete children’s observations and records when required
- Ensure you work as part of a team towards a common goal sharing ideas and feedback to create consistency
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates will need to have strong communication skills
- Be able to use Initiative
- Be enthusiastic about working with children; have knowledge of child development; knowledge of what constitutes quality services for children and their families
- Awareness of Health and Safety and risk assessing
- Genuine interest in a long term career in Childcare
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Caring nature
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths required.
Possible progression onto the Level 3 Early Years Advanced Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
As part of our apprenticeship recruitment process, you will be required to attend a Numeracy, Literacy and Interview Assessment at our Head Office on Media City / Trafford Road Salford - Should you be successful at this stage, we will then submit your application to the employer for further consideration.
About the employer
Early Learning Childcare is a friendly, family orientated, city centre day nursery. Our ethos is to provide a safe, secure , enriched environment where children feel at home and are able to reach their full potential.
Early Learning Childcare
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Sarah Allen 0161 631 5555 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner L2
- On-the-job training/work experience
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English, maths, and ICT (if required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.