Business Administration Apprentice VAT DIGITAL LIMITED
Interested in business, accounts, administration and all things financial? This great new role with a professional global VAT Agency could be for you! They are looking to add an apprentice to their team who can contribute and support the excellent service they provide to their new and existing clients. Excellent prospects for the right candidate.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A great new role is available with a reputable and dynamic professional VAT Agency based in Melton, East Yorkshire. They are looking to add a Business Administration Apprentice to their team who can contribute and support to the excellent service they provide to their new and existing clients.
This opportunity would be ideal for someone who has already completed a Level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship/NVQ or equivalent, with an interest in business and/or accounting & finance.
The successful applicant will be required to support this small dynamic team in the day to day running of the business.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support colleagues in providing an excellent service to new & existing clients
- Assist in managing of emails and phone calls on a daily basis
- Assist in sending out reminder emails and saving down files received from clients
- Assist in managing queries using the Zendesk ticket platform
- Assist in preparation of UK & EU VAT registration & returns (full training provided)
- Liaise with our VAT agents in the EU
- Update client files and spreadsheets on an ongoing basis to accurately reflect the current position/progress made in relation to registration for vat and monthly filing of returns
- General ad-hoc office duties such as scanning and copying documents
As part of this apprenticeship your wages will be reviewed against your performance giving you the opportunity for wage increases throughout the programme.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Good knowledge of information technology including Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High degree of accuracy/excellent attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work/tasks assigned
- An interest in business and/or accounting & finance
- Ability to take responsibility, use initiative, and be proactive
- Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- GCSE at grade C/4 and above in maths and English (or the equivalent) is essential
- This opportunity would be ideal for someone who has already completed a Level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship/NVQ (or equivalent)
- French speaking or another European language would be an advantage
This is a growing local company with global links. There is the opportunity for the right candidate to grow within the business.
There is a wealth of further training available for you to develop your career within this sector.
Things to consider
This company is located in Melton, East Yorkshire. Before applying check that you are able to get there to meet the required hours of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Vat Digital is a professional VAT Agency which specialises in helping businesses from across the globe to register for VAT and manage their VAT reporting obligations in the UK and Europe.
AVANT PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Avant Partnership Limited
Paul Robinson 01482 253 300 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
As part of the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, you will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours which will support you for your end-point assessment. You will take part in a combination of activities, such as face-to-face classroom-based sessions, remote learning sessions, work shadowing and online learning, to support your learning and development and compile a portfolio of evidence.
The successful candidate will be required to attend the Avant Skills Academy Training Centre (Hull) every other week to undertake training sessions, throughout the length of the apprenticeship. If you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 (C) in English and maths, you will be required to complete Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths.
Apprenticeships are about upskilling and reaching occupational competency takes time. Many employers and apprentices have praised the positive effect off-the-job training has on their productivity and apprentices feel valued by the significant investment in their training.
All off-the-job training must be relevant to the Apprenticeship Standard being undertaken. Your off-the-job training will be agreed with your employer and Avant before you commence your programme.
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
At the end of the on-programme learning, you will be required to undertake an End-Point Assessment to demonstrate you have met the occupational standard. This includes:
- Apprentice Showcase
- Practical Observation
- Professional discussion
- Project Presentation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.