ICT Support Engineer Apprentice Cnetso Limited
We are currently looking for an ICT Support Engineer apprentice to provide a high level of technical support to our schools. This is a technical role requiring proven support experience using Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016. The role is mostly practical IT, however it will periodically involve projects in all parts of the business.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be required to maintain, support and develop all aspects of the school's ICT infrastructure, both hardware and software, to help to provide a reliable and satisfying ICT service to all users within the school.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide superior service to customers
- Develop and maintain close working relationships and interaction with the school
- Regular communications with customers and ensure they are satisfied with IT service levels
- Develop both the technical and customer service skills of all members of the team
- Assist the support team with daily activities (i.e. part of a team, practical involvement, technical guidance and leadership)
- Be responsible for IT Helpdesk Team and Helpdesk Operations
- Periodically review the appropriateness of technologies used, provide recommendations, and drive the implementation of improvements
Requirements and prospects
- Extensive overall IT experience
- Skilled in hardware performance monitoring, analysis, and capacity planning
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Active Directory topologies and office 365 systems
- Experience with implementing new processes and following through with required disciplines
- Excellent collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service ethics and sense of urgency
- Quick turnaround on instructions or requests from senior management
- Ability to perform well in team environments
- Microsoft Server and Workstation operating systems, including Active Directory, User Management and Group Policies
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft VMWare and SAN (MUST)
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, wireless, Servers, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- IP networking and wireless systems
- Workstation software rollout using deployment tools
- PC hardware, Printers, whiteboards, projectors and other peripherals
- A passion for IT and keen to progress
- A desire to complete the apprenticeship in entirety
- Be highly motivated to deliver quality outcomes with the ability to remain calm under pressure
GCSE Maths and English grade A-C/4-9 (or the equivalent).
To be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Young, Dynamic and Driven Team
- Learn new tech and expand on your experience
- Career Progression
- Gain great experience within the education industry
- Microsoft and Google Partner
- 28 Days Holiday
About the employer
Cnetso is a UK based company established in 2006 to offer practical, simple and complete ICT solution to schools. Our years of experience working within the education sector has given us an insight into the world of education.
We believe that our services truly reflect the experiences. We have taken the best experience elements in education and further developed them to provide a tailor-made service for all.
Our ethos is to put schools at the very heart of our business and will work with you on ICT action plans, teacher training and Ofstead report advice. Our solutions provide you with the very latest in ICT thinking and methodologies allied to the certainty that all advice is given to benefit the school. Transparency, honesty and hard work are what our reputations are built on and that will continue in our long term partnerships with schools.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Risual Ltd
Richard Yardy 07961 607887 RichardY@Risual.com
- Information Communications Technician Level 3
- Training plan to be completed prior to the apprenticeship
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.