Teaching Assistant Apprentice Mullion School
Mullion Primary School are excited to be able to offer an opportunity for a motivated and hard-working individual to join their team as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will take a pro-active role in the support of the educational, social and physical needs of assigned students, and should have good listening and communication skills, and the ability to work on your own initiative and within a team. The applicant will be enrolled on an Level 3 Apprenticeship and will be expected to successfully complete the course within 18 - 21 months. The applicant must be willing to travel to College one day per week to attend training.
As a Trust, we are committed to ‘Enabling Excellence Together’ within a values-driven ethos. Southerly Point Co-operative Multi Academy Trust is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Day to day duties will include:
- To support children with their learning in order that they achieve their full potential in school
- To develop an understanding of the learning needs of children and use this knowledge to support them to become independent learners in the classroom
- To take into account a child’s learning needs and ensure their access to the lesson/provision and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, and use of equipment and materials
- To assist with the general pastoral care of children
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To accompany teaching staff and children on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- To share responsibility for safety, health and welfare of children in the setting at all times
- Supervise indoor and outdoor activities
- To organise materials, resources and equipment for activities in the setting
- To assist in the preparation and clearing up of activities and encourage children to help to take responsibility for planned activities
- To attend required meetings and training sessions
- To maintain confidentiality in all school related matters
Requirements and prospects
- Good listener and communicator
- Problem solver
- Team Player who can also use their own initiative
- Use initiative
- Team Player
- Sense of humour
Good educational qualifications (5 A*- C GCSEs). maths and English will be studied as a Mandatory part of the Apprenticeship if C/4 has not already been achieved. These will be studied by Block Weeks, Monday to Friday.
Opportunities may be available throughout the 17 schools within the Trust upon successful completion of the full apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- No two days will be the same.
- Village location so will need reliable transport or to live locally.
- Well established school within the Trust who have experience of working with Apprenticeships.
- Hourly rate of pay will increase after the first year.
About the employer
Welcome to Mullion Primary School.
We asked our Year 6 pupils how they would introduce our school to parents and visitors to our website and this is what they said:
"Here at Mullion Primary School, we have the greatest opportunities for your children to have a fantastic education. We focus on a superb attitude to learning and our priority is keeping everyone happy and safe and to be able to learn. Our teachers are highly skilled, linking fun and excitement into the topics we learn about. At Mullion Primary, children are given a great education for the future".
Mullion Primary School is part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Chelsea Cooke 01209 616452
You will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Teaching Assistant.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.