Administrative Apprentice ALPHA ACADEMIES TRUST
Provide full administrative support as well as assisting in all daily clerical functions within the Academy. Act as first point of contact for visitors to the Academy and those making contact by telephone. The successful candidate will also gain a wide range of experience working on reception and dealing with enquiries.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Act as first point of contact for visitors to the Academy and those making contact by telephone
- Receive, sign for, sort and distribute post coming into the Academy
- Ensure all telephone messages are recorded, including students’ absences and to pass messages to the appropriate person
- Minute taking and the production of minutes
- Operate and service (with toner, paper etc.) all machinery in Reprographics/ Administration areas and to contact engineers to keep all machinery in working order
- Support the Exams & Qualifications Manager in all administrative tasks as required
Requirements and prospects
- Competent using office programs (e.g. MS Office, Google Docs etc.) with the aptitude to learn new software & systems
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Self-motivated and able to work flexibly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure
- Strong team player with the confidence to work alone
- Willing to learn
- Work well within a team and independently
GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) including maths and English (or equivalent)
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
The Alpha Academies Trust has been established to create a network of schools in North Staffordshire that provide excellent academic tuition and outstanding vocational experience for young people. Our focus is on inspiring students to achieve, providing them with skills for the modern workplace, and, working closely with employers, to create innovative learning partnerships.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
01782 254287 email@example.com
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths & English (where appropriate)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.