Apprentice Business Administrator Master Grill
Master Grill Limited is a fast-paced and growing company working within the commercial catering equipment industry. The company has been established for over 22 years, we have 9 employees and are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic apprentice to become part of our team!
Closing date: 12 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Dec 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Master Grill Limited is a fast-paced and growing company working within the commercial catering equipment industry. Much of our work is reactive attendance to faulty catering equipment, planned maintenance and gas safety checks. We also provide design and installation of full kitchen installations in the commercial catering industry i.e. schools, hospitals, restaurants etc.
The role will include the below:
- monitoring incoming emails and acting upon them
- taking telephone calls, logging new work and chasing up progress for customers
- logging jobs into our service software system to log incoming service jobs and updating active ones
- identifying and sourcing spares required following completed service calls and placing orders with suppliers using our Purchase order system
- take delivery of goods checking they are correct and intact and if not taking the appropriate steps to contact the suppliers to advise any issues
- scheduling jobs for the engineers
- liaising with clients to confirm times and dates of attendance for reactive works and planned repairs and maintenance
- approving and sending job cards back to clients
- attending/arranging meetings to discuss upcoming works, raising any issues or areas of improvement
- opportunity to mentor any other new starters or implement new systems/process of improvement to other members of staff
- you will be assigned a project to have a positive impact on the business and improve efficiency (e.g. better management of stock/job card – create and manage service plan for bi-annual parts that need replacing to advise clients of renewal anniversary.)
- produce letters to clients
- use excel spreadsheet to manage stock levels.
Requirements and prospects
The main attribute that is required in our employees is enthusiasm
We need you to be able to communicate clearly in written, email and spoken forms to clients/engineers on phone calls/face to face, everything else can be learnt.
- Professional approach
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to listen and take on board instructions and good clear communication skills.
GCSE English and maths Grade C or equivalent.
We hope the Apprentice can be trained and come on board into a fulltime position within the business.
Things to consider
We are in central Wallasey with the Liscard bus terminal 20 minute walk up the road from the show room, the following buses stop near by, 409, 433, 432.
About the employer
Master Grill is a fast-paced and growing company working within the Catering Maintenance industry. Much of our work is reactive attendance to faulty catering equipment, planned maintenance, gas safety checks and full kitchen refits in the commercial catering industry.
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wirral Metropolitan College
- Level 3 Standard in Business Administration
- Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
- Functional Skill Level 2 English
- Functional skill Level 2 maths
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.