Apprentice Joiner in Construction and Building ABSOLUTE DEVELOPMENTS (NW) LTD
Absolute Developments are a small building contractor operating predominantly within a 30 mile radius of Macclesfield. Projects of all types are undertaken from repairs and maintenance, renovations, internal refurbishment including kitchens & bathrooms, and extensions. They have an opportunity for an apprentice joiner to join the team.
Closing date: 09 Nov 2021
£172.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Absolute Developments are an established building company who are seeking a motivated apprentice to assist in both carpentry and general building tasks. The role offers the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and develop professionally, moulding a well-rounded competent tradesperson with the intent to be rewarded with increased responsibilities over time. Day to day tasks will involv
- Working on relatively small to medium domestic sites
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Full renovations on domestic properties such as complete refurbishments including fitted kitchens, fitted bedrooms, fitted bathrooms etc.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and moulding
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Assist labourers and other construction helpers
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of building principles
- Punctuality & Attendance
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- No formal qualifications are required as full training will be given
There may be a full time position for the right candidate after successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Own transport would be an advantage but not essential as arrangements could be made for pick up and drop off.
Candidate is to make their own way to the job site or meet for pickup and drop off as above.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
General Builders – Alterations, Property Repairs. All types of building work undertaken.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.