Nursery Assistant Apprentice Marian Mission Educational & Family Support Centre
Marian Mission Educational & Family are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Feb 2022
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Contribute to planning observations and activities
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- GCSEs grade C or 4 in maths and English language or above preferable (or equivalent)
Possible Permanent Position.
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
About the employer
Our organisation presently provides: 1) Curriculum support on Saturdays to raise academic achievement of pupils at KS1 to KS4. 2) After-School Club for children aged 5 to 11 years. 3) Positive holiday activities including Behaviour Management, Self-Esteem, drumming, First Aid training, day trips to places of interest and programmes for young people aged 10 to 19 years 4) Full-time education of excluded pupils/students referred to us as and when needs arise. 5) When there is funding, we also run: basic English language classes for new arrivals and early stage bilinguals referred to us by schools; a Literacy and Numeracy Project for SEN pupils; a poetry workshop for children aged 8 to 13 years and Igbo language mother tongue classes.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Childcare Functional Skills maths and English if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.