Nursery Assistant Apprentice New Birth Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team.
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework.
- To implement the daily routine.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping development records and observations.
- Positive management of children's behavior.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings.
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity , open weekends and children's outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager .
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent).
- Possible Permanent Position.
Things to consider
- A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
New Birth Day Nursery is a family run private day nursery that delivers care for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
At New Birth we pride ourselves in providing challenging, open ended provision, with endless opportunities for the children to explore their environments . We strive to deliver a positive and fruitful educational experience.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 email@example.com
- Childcare Level 3 NVQ and functional skills in English and Maths if required.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.