Apprentice Groundsperson Richard Folds
Woody Park are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join the team as an Apprentice Groundsperson.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
23 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Woody Park are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join their team as an Apprentice Groundsperson.
The successful candidate will get involved with all aspects of the business, the main duties being:
- Cutting the lawns
- Helping to keep the area around the lodges tidy
- Maintenance of woodland
- Work on the lakes
- Work on social media platforms to help promote the business
Requirements and prospects
- Be polite and courteous with the customers
- Have a keen interest in social media/advertising to help promote the business
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in Horticulture and working outdoors
- Communication skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Physical strength
- GCSE Grade D/3 or above in maths and English is essential.
- There may be the opportunity for a full-time position for the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Please consider how you will reliably access the workplace on a daily basis. Woody Park is located approximately 1 mile from the nearest bus stop.
About the employer
Woody Park is an exclusive holiday location set in 35 acres of lakes, gardens and woodland with four luxury cabins. Catering exclusively to couples, Wood Park is the perfect location for honeymoons, romantic breaks, anniversary celebrations or simply to relax and unwind, free of the stresses of a hectic lifestyle.
Woody Park can be explored on foot or by rowing boat. The lakes are teeming with fish and support a wealth of wildlife including kingfishers, swans, geese, ducks, coots, moorhens, egrets and both green and spotted woodpeckers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bicton College
Chelsea Cooke 01209 616452
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Horticulture Landscape Operative.
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
- You will be required to attend Bicton College on a block release basis.
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.