Apprentice Production Chef Harvey Arms
This is an opportunity to learn the ropes of cheffing, in a pub restaurant with traditional pub food. You will also be catering for events and functions.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of being an Apprentice Production Chef you will:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapt and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete, and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn
- Copes well with time pressure
- Lead by example working conscientiously and accurately at all times
- Be diligent in safe and hygienic working practises
- Take ownership of the impact of personal behaviours and communication by a consistent, professional approach
- Advocate equality and respect working positively with colleagues, managers, and customers
- Actively promote self and the industry in a positive, professional manner
- Challenge personal methods of working and actively implement improvements
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve level 1 and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the End-Point Assessment (EPA).
For the right candidate this will lead to a job at the Harvey Arms.
At the end of the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to start a long career in a sector with high demand for your skills.
Things to consider
This course is set up for Doncaster College so you will need to travel between the Harvey Arms and Doncaster.
About the employer
The Harvey Arms is a Rural Village pub set in the heart of Finningley village with links to the airport. They provide traditional pub food, cooked from scratch using local ingredients. As well as catering for weddings and functions.
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Lindsey College
Stephen Baker email@example.com
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will undertake the Apprenticeship which is completed in the workplace and also some attendance at Doncaster College in Doncaster. You will study both on and off the job with the support and guidance of a fully qualified assessor from College.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.