Assistant Accountant Apprentice UNIVERSITY OF ESSEX CAMPUS SERVICES LIMITED
Working within the finance department of campus services, assisting the Deputy Finance Manager of Wivenhoe House with preparing monthly and annual management accounts, to include: Recording, updating and maintain financial data. Preparing Invoices and processing journals, raising and receipting purchase orders.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Assisatnt Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute. College attendance for this course will be one day per week at the Colchester Campus.
Working within the finance department of campus services, assisting the Deputy Finance Manager of Wivenhoe House with preparing monthly and annual management accounts, to include:
- Recording, updating and maintain financial data
- Preparing Invoices and processing journals, raising and receipting purchase orders
- Looking after the debtor ledger
- Helping counting cash and banking
- Responding to enquiries from across the directorate and university, ensuring issues passed to the appropriate team member and dealt with effectively
Requirements and prospects
- Strong Administrative skills
- Competent in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Eager to learn new skills, polite and friendly with a positive attitude to work
- Essential: GCSEs or equivalent including maths and English grades A*-C/9-4
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- This role is fixed term for 18 months. After this time and upon completion of your apprenticeship, whilst not guarenteed, should there be a position available you will be welcome to apply or for other roles internally
Things to consider
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
- It is strongly recommended that you look into your transport routes and locations before applying to ensure you will be able to get to this place of work
About the employer
Provide and manage commercial business areas to the university, including Student Accommodation, Catering outlets, Sports facilities, Day Nursery, Print centre, Wivenhoe House Hotel and conferencing and events. Based at University of Essex in Colchester.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Assistant Accountant Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Functional skills if needed.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.