Apprentice Service Technician Exc@v8 Equipment Ltd
The Exc@v8 Group are looking for an Apprentice Service Technician to join their team. You will assist with and learn the skills of maintenance, repair, manufacture, inspection, installation, and completion of consequent reports of all works relating to all types of plant and equipment.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Service and repair of all types of new and used plant and equipment
- Fault diagnostics of all types of control and operating systems
- Pre-Delivery Inspection of new and used equipment
- Installation of new and used tiltrotators and attachments where required
- Manufacture of components and repair welding/fabrication where required
- Regular housekeeping of work areas and service vehicles
- Completion of routine maintenance/inspection to any work-related equipment where required
- Completion of all required service reports, job cards, PDI forms, inspection reports, labour allocation sheets and other associated documentation to a high degree of accuracy
- Revision of technical documentation
Requirements and prospects
- Written communication skills enabling you to complete maintenance reports
- Happy to work as a team or independently
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- To be able to demonstrate a strong practical interest in Engineering
- Good at learning and applying practical skills
- Have a logical mind with the ability to demonstrate mechanical reasoning
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths are desirable however not essential as Functional Skills are offered as part of the apprenticeship standard.
Successful service technicians & engineers graduating with Exc@v8 face excellent prospects with the company and will also be regarded as highly sought-after employees industry wide.
About the employer
The Exc@v8 Group are plant, forest, cableway engineers and suppliers of specialist equipment, based in the English Lake District.
Exc@v8 is an established, progressive group of companies - importing world leading brands to the UK & Ireland, providing nationwide sales, service, and product support; engineering and fabrication services; cableway and lifting supplies and quality oils and lubricants.
We are proud to be the official sole UK & Ireland importer and distributor for Menzi Muck all-terrain mobile excavators, providing sales of new and used machines, parts and product support where required. We are also the sole UK importer for HSM forest machines, Seve forestry equipment, EvL rail machines and Tiger winches. Exc@v8 are a long-standing dealer of tiltrotators, supplying and installing the famous Steelwrist, SMP, Oil Quick and Rototilt attachments.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship provider for this Level 3 apprenticeship.
The employer will give guidance and support throughout
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT.
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.