Childcare Apprenticeship Harvey Day Nursery
To assist in the day care of children aged 6 months to 4 years. This includes supervision of play both indoors and outdoors, mealtimes, sleeping and maintaining cleaning and hygiene routines. Working towards a formal qualification in childcare and possible full-time employment with the organisation.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
26 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprenticeship role will enable you to learn all the aspects of childcare in a nursery setting. Working alongside our qualified staff will assist you to gain the knowledge to complete your training.
The Nursery Assistant is accountable to the Nursery Manager, the Deputy Officer, Deputy Assistant and Room Leader as appropriate, but is under the general supervision of all the more senior staff in the room.
- To assist in the supervision of the children, ensuring that the highest standards apply at all times.
- To provide a stimulating environment and foster play with a purpose.
- To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence within a supportive group care.
- To keep a record of the activities undertaken during the week. When competent to be involved and contribute to planning of activities.
- To record and/or show awareness of the milestones for the children in your care.
- To bring to the attention of the Nursery Manager any concerns relating to sage guarding and health and safety of the children in your care.
- To be responsible for the care and cleaning of all Nursery equipment ensuring that a high standard is maintained.
- To be involved in fund raising for Harvey Road Day Nursery.
- To attend training courses as required by the Nursery Manager.
- To treat any information of matters relating to the work within the Nursery as confidential.
- To participate in Room/staff meetings.
- To be aware of hygiene and cleanliness within the Room you are working, ensuring that a high standard is maintained.
- To adhere to all Harvey Road Day Nursery policies.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time in keeping with the post.
Requirements and prospects
Ability to work within a team and to use own initiative.
Good communication skills.
Reliable, friendly and motivated.
Other than those required for the Apprenticeship Scheme.
Following successful completion of the qualification this may lead to a full-time role within the organisation.
Things to consider
A rewarding career working with like minded piers.
Can be challenging at times but enjoyable.
Gaining life skills as well as formal qualifications in childcare.
City centre location local bus route close by and within walking distance of the railway station.
About the employer
Harvey Road Day Nursery Limited is an established forward thinking, small city nursery, with a homely environment offering childcare for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Day to day childcare for professional Cambridge families.
The nursery caters for 45 children.
A city centre location set within 2 large Edwardian houses.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
Training will be within the setting and College attendance will be part of the training.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.