Level 3 Metal Fabricator Engineering Apprentice Landmarc
Become part of a busy fabrication team, with the ability to be creative. The chance to become skilled to use a wide variety of tools and equipment. This will all take place in a supportive learning environment.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful candidate will be involved with in all aspects of fabrication, from bespoke decorative commissions up to to structural steel work. They will be taught general workshop practices and how to use our vast collection of machinery. There will also be a heavy focus on project management, from the quoting stage through to manufacture, and then installation.
You will gain skills in the following areas:
- Work safely at all times, comply with health & safety legislation, regulations and organisational requirements
- Comply with environmental legislation, regulations and organisational requirements
- Obtain, check and use the appropriate documentation (such as, job instructions, drawings, quality control documentation)
- Carry out relevant planning and preparation activities before commencing work activity
- Undertake the work activity using the correct processes, procedures and equipment
- Carry out the required checks (such as quality, compliance or testing) using the correct procedures, processes and/or equipment
- Deal promptly and effectively with problems within the limits of their responsibility using approved diagnostic methods and techniques and report those which cannot be resolved to the appropriate personnel
- Complete any required documentation using the defined recording systems at the appropriate stages of the work activity
- Restore the work area on completion of the activity and where applicable return any resources and consumables to the appropriate location
- Identify and follow correct metal work instructions, specifications, drawing etc.
- Mark out using appropriate tools and techniques
- Cut and form metal for the production of fabricated products
- Produce and assemble metal products to required specification and quality requirements
- Identify and follow correct joining instructions, specifications, drawing etc.
- Carry out the relevant preparation before starting the joining fabrication activity
- Set up, check, adjust and use joining and related equipment
- Weld joints in accordance with approved welding procedures and quality requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of the industry (preferred but no mandatory)
- Ability to collaborate well with the team
- Sense of humour
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Neat and tidy
- Strong attention to detail
- GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 including English, maths and science or equivalent is preferred
- Following completion of apprenticeship scheme, there is potential for a permanent full time position
Things to consider
- Please consider the location of this position for work each day
About the employer
Landmarc are environmental engineers who provide water and landscape solutions for clients nationwide. We’re able to cover any location required using our own transport from our base in the South West. Landmarc carry a range of specialist plant and equipment, with many bespoke attachments, making our machines adaptable for any job necessary. Landmarc also carry out steel fabrication and structural steel works through our sister company – Dart Fabrication. With our capable team, fully qualified to a high standard, we have over 30 years’ experience in working on environmentally sensitive sites. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a bespoke service from design through to completion.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
You will undertake the 3.5 year of the Level 3 Metal Fabricator qualification alongside this role.
This apprenticeship involves College attendance at City College Plymouth one day per week (term time only) where you will gain valuable skills and knowledge to return and put into practice at the workplace. You will have a dedicated team of tutors and assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.
You will also receive support and training from the workplace. More information on this apprenticeship can be found on the link below:
Level 3 (A level)