Engineering Operative Apprentice Keith Collingwood Ltd
We are looking for a new apprentice to join us and learn all there is to know about our company & learn all of the roles involved in engineering, manufacturing, fabricating & welding.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will cover all aspects of our company, we are looking for someone to come in keen to learn all of the skills required:
- Working well in a team
- Work Alone when required
- Cutting & cleaning Material
- Preparing for fabrication & welding
- Cutting steel to cutting lists
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to solve problems within own remit and work on own initiative
- Excellent time management
- Ability to follow instructions and organisational policies and procedures
- Works well in a team
- Display a positive and respectful attitude to both internal and external colleagues
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to the job role
- Able to represent the organisation in a professional manner
The entry qualifications for the Engineering Operative - Level 2 Apprenticeship are completion of a minimum of a level 1 Engineering qualification and/or relevant industry experience. In addition to this you must have your English and Maths at grade 3 or above.
The possibility for a full time job after completion of the apprenticeship if the opportunity arises.
About the employer
We manufacture machinery for harvesting vegetables as well as trailers to go with them, we cover general manufacture & repairs as well.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
The apprenticeships Team 01205205524 firstname.lastname@example.org
The ‘Core Knowledge’ an Engineering Operative will understand is
- How to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
- Relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating to engineering operations
- Their individual roles and responsibilities within the organisation and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company targets
- Engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
- Potential problems that can occur within the engineering operations and how they can be avoided
The ‘Core Skills’ an Engineering Operative will develop are:
- Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety legislation, regulations, environmental compliance procedures and systems and other relevant guidelines
- Identify and deal appropriately with any risks, hazards, hazardous situations and problems that may occur within the engineering environment within the limits of their responsibility
- Demonstrate effective communication skills which include oral, written, electronic
- Complete appropriate documentation accurately, efficiently and legibly using the correct terminology where required
- Obtain and follow the correct documentation, specifications and work instructions in accordance with time constraints and the roles and responsibilities identified for the engineering activities, extracting the necessary data/information from specification and related documentation
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment and materials to carry out the engineering operation
- Deal appropriately with any problems that may occur within the manufacturing environment within the limits of their responsibility
- Work efficiently and effectively at all times maintaining workplace organisation and minimising waste
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.