Apprentice Joiner / Woodworker Venables Brothers Ltd
Great opportunity for a keen, enthusiastic person to work alongside our skilled workforce learning machining and joinery techniques. Our workshop produces bespoke joinery items and oak frames for both retail and trade customers.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jan 2022
20 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Assist machinists with the following:
- Selecting timber types and section sizes with and for machinist’s job lists in an organised manner
- Assist machinists moving timber around the workshop from one machine to another in sequence
- Keep workshop and connecting workshop areas and stores clear of debris, offcuts, sawdust in line with good practice/health and safety
- Attend college on specified days according to curriculum
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of machinery and associated equipment
- Maintain a punctual and polite attitude at all times
- Carryout any other tasks delegated by the machinists whilst gaining the workshop experience and practical ability to achieve the Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship standard
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication skills
- Keen to learn
Ideally Maths and English at GCSE C/4 or above but not essential (or the equivalent).
The potential to gain a further position on completion of the Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Timber merchant and bespoke joinery manufacturers. Venables have been trading for over 150 years and has worked on many prestigious projects such as Windsor castle and York minster cathedral.
Shrewsbury Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shrewsbury Colleges Group
Jules Rhodes 01743 260400 email@example.com
- Working towards the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to gain the Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
- Carpentry and joinery / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.