Apprentice Engineering Technician Level 3 Meggitt Aerospace Holdings Ltd
Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision. Keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day. We will shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities. We're working hard to create a High Performance Culture.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The 4 year Apprenticeship Programme has been designed to develop the vital skills and experience required by our next generation of engineers and technicians.
The Meggitt apprenticeship has all the key components to redefine what engineering is, and can be in the future, helping to lead this change in perception by delivering apprenticeships that inspire and deliver new skills to futureproof UK manufacturing.
By Joining Meggitt as an apprentice we are confident that you will gain the vital skills in order to achieve success in a rewarding sector.
Your first year of study will be undertaken at the MTC Ansty Park, Coventry Training Centre, CV7 9JU, which is easily commutable.
There is a regular 30 minute bus service to Ansty Park from Coventry City Centre.
If you want to start your career with a global leading company then apply today.
Day to day duties will include learning and gaining competence within:
- Manual fitting
- Fluid power systems
- Mechanical assemblies
- Using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using industrial robots
- Computer aided design (CAD) techniques
- Application and principles of programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Maintenance of mechanical systems
- Electro, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and devices
Requirements and prospects
- If you have a passion for science, manufacturing, innovative engineering or aerospace then this is the role for you!
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Enjoys practical work
- Strong communication skills
- IT awareness
- An enthusiastic inquiring mind
- A problem solving attitude where the candidate will be confident in putting across their ideas
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work
- They must be capable of working to the highest standard, either on their own or as part of a team
- 5 GCSE at grades at A*-C (9-4) or equivalent
- Must include a minimum of maths, English Language and a STEM subject
- Meggitt will assess the apprentice on completion and will review further employment possibilities within the group, dependent on performance throughout the Apprenticeship
- Possible future progression to Higher Education
Things to consider
Training in year 1 will be at Ansty Business Park. Travel from Coventry City Centre should not be an issue. There is a regular bus service from Coventry City Centre. The X30 bus service runs every 30 minutes to the business park.
During the Apprentice program you may be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check to enable you to become a STEMnet ambassador.
Salary will increase year on year subject to performance.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Headquartered in the UK, Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets.
Some 11,000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
Meggitts’ civil aerospace presence covers large commercial transports, regional aircraft, business jets, helicopters and general aviation.
THE MTC - ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mtc
Emma Towers 07980758530 Emma.Towers@the-mtc.org
Product Design and Development Standard.
- Level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
Training to be provided:
- Full time based at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre (AMTC),October 2021 - October 2022 (returning to employer during holiday periods)
- Foundation Competency and Development Knowledge training
- Gateway Assessment
Foundation Competency Unit Titles:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Activities
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Maintaining Mechanical Devices and Equipment
- Assembling and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Producing Mechanical Assemblies
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- Preparing and Using Industrial Robots
Development Knowledge and Skills Unit Titles:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Techniques
- Application and Principles of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Maintenance of Mechanical Systems
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices
Year’s 2, 3 and 4 - In the workplace.
Apprentices in years 2 ,3 and 4 of their apprenticeship will return to work from October 2022 onwards. All apprentices will return to the AMTC to complete a Block release programme to deliver the remaining units of the Extended Diploma Qualification. This will include block training over the 2 year period and an end point assessment. The Development Knowledge units below will be completed during years 2 and three and end point assessment in year 4.
Level 3 Development Competence:
Apprentices will spend 6-12 months gaining new skills and competence in the workplace in which assessments will be carried out by a member of the MTC team or partner. This will ensure the apprentice can meet the requirements of the second gateway assessment prior to the end point assessment.
End Point Assessment:
Upon Completion of the above units and workplace assessments, all apprentices will undertake an end point assessment when they have successfully completed the Gateway 2 Assessment. The End Point assessment is to be carried out at an impartial assessment centre and arranged via the AMTC.
The apprentice, upon successful completion of the end point assessment, will be awarded a certificate for the Engineering Technician Level 3, Product Design and Development Apprenticeship standard.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship Completion will meet the entry criteria for the apprentice to progress onto a Level 4 or 6 B.Eng (Hons) Product Design and Development Degree Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.