Swingbridge Surgery Reception Administration Apprentice Dr James Thompson and Mr Simon Richardson
An excellent opportunity has arisen to start your career in Health Administration as a Reception Apprentice with the friendly team at the Swingbridge Surgery in Grantham. We will provide you with all the tools, training and personal support needed to enjoy and succeed in this key patient service role.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in this busy practise you will carry out a wide range of reception and administration duties receiving patients politely and dealing efficiently with any problems to support the smooth running of the surgery.
From day to day your tasks will include:
- Make appointments
- Maintain patient registration data
- Register new patients
- Receive patients
- Deal with patients enquiries
- Answer telephone enquiries
- Scanning correspondence
- Issuing and printing repeat prescriptions
- Dealing with patient prescription queries
- Updating repeat prescriptions and processing on-line repeat prescription requests
Requirements and prospects
- Good telephone skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- Must be literate and numerate
- Punctual and reliable
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Approachable and caring
- Appreciation and understanding of Confidentiality
- Maths & English GCSE to grade C/4 (or equivalent)
- Swingbridge Surgery would like to offer a permanent role for the right candidate successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship
About the employer
Swingbridge Surgery is part of The “Welby Group” which is a progressive, high achieving group of practices based in Grantham and Bottesford.
We are forward thinking, innovative and patient focussed.
We recognise that the quality of our work is driven by the quality of our people.
Dr James Thompson and Mr Simon Richardson
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grantham College
Pauline Mould 01476 414429 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
In addition to training and mentoring in the workplace, you will attend college one day a week where you will be prepared for the assessment of the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that you develop throughout this apprenticeship.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.