Kia Parts Advisor Apprentice Tates
Would you like a career as a Parts Advisor working for Kia. Duties include: Liaising with customer, suppliers and mechanics to order car parts.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Tates Kia are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
- Minimum entry requirements: maths, English language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
About the employer
Tates Kia Pyecombe is a multi-service Kia dealership located in Pyecombe, West Sussex. We provide motorists from the region with new and approved used Kia cars and expert parts and servicing, and we also have exclusive special offers and fleet services. You can find our dealership on London Road – as part of the A23, it's easily accessible.
Within our bold, modern showroom you'll find the latest new Kia models. We stock models including the Kia pro_cee'd and the new Kia Sportage, and our professional team members will explain the benefits of each model and offer you a test drive. If you're looking for a used model we can also help, as Kia Pyecombe stocks comprehensively tested used cars.
A cutting-edge service centre is present at our dealership, allowing motorists in Sussex to keep their Kia car performing to a high standard, for longer. Our facilities are authorised by Kia, and our technicians are fully manufacturer-trained. You can benefit from expert repairs if you're involved in an accident, or request a simple, stress-free inspection as part of your service plan.
If your business relies on a fleet of executive vehicles, then upgrading to Kia models could improve efficiency and lower your running costs. The team at our fleet department can offer advice on all of your fleet needs, and we can lease or sell excellent Kia cars to your business.
At Kia Pyecombe we understand that financing a new or used car can be difficult, so we offer regular deals and promotions on all of our services. As our offers continually update to meet demand, we'd advise you to check our offers page whenever you're considering buying a Kia product or having your car serviced.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year).
Standard Training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation
- Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor
- Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
- Functional skills if needed
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.