Apprenticeship Fork Lift Truck Engineer Cam Fork Lift Trucks Limited
As an apprentice with us you will be trained to be competent to carry out regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks, to a high standard of finish working in an efficient manner, in our main workshop and out on customer sites.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The apprentice Vehicle Maintenance Technician will be trained to be responsible for the maintenance and repair of both customers owned equipment and our own extensive hire fleet. Our product range comprises LPG, Diesel and Electric powered machines from 1 tons to 10 tons. We also supply specialist and floor care equipment.
From time to time, the apprentice will work with their assigned mentor at customer premises.
The Key Duties
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team establishing relationships with all work colleagues, trainers and customers, to ensure a safe and productive working environment
- Attend training courses as required
- Assist in the regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks.
- Fault finding and inspections
- Assist your mentor in any tasks or duties that are required
- Undertake any other duties that may be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post
- To observe and comply with all policies and procedures, such as health and safety at work and continually encourage customer care
- To complete all tasks including written work within the timescales provided
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will have a good problem solving ability
- Be willing to work as part of a team as well as using their own initiative and be flexible and adaptable
- You will need to be honest, enthusiastic and motivated and have a keen interest in this area
Maths & English at Grade C/4 or above is preferred.
For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for progression and a career within the organisation.
Things to consider
You will need to help out with basic housekeeping duties.
About the employer
We are a team of specialists with a wealth of combined industry knowledge who know the right materials handling solution for you. Associated with forklifts, however our expertise goes so much further. From industrial floor care machinery to our recent expansion into providing storage systems via "CAM Handling Solutions". This progressive expansion has lead CAM to create an unparalleled insight into our customers' needs. Furthermore our expansion means that we can offer the complete materials handling package. Through partnerships with major brands such as TCM Forklift, Combilift and Hako Cleaning Machines, we take advantage of global power to deliver you local strength.
F-TEC FORKLIFT TRAINING ENGINEERING CENTRE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by F-TEC FORKLIFT TRAINING ENGINEERING CENTRE LTD
Katherine Roberts 01793686182 Katherine.Roberts@f-tec.org.uk
As an Apprentice you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship in Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician. This is a 3-year programme with the possible opportunity for a permanent role at the end of the Apprenticeship.
The training aspect will comprise of on-and-off-the-job training managed by F-TEC Limited (Forklift Engineering Training Centre). The off-the-job training will be held at the F-TEC training centre which you will attend 5 weeks per year, staying overnight from Sunday to Friday. Whilst staying away all your travel, accommodation and food expenses will be paid.
Functional skills if needed.
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.