Apprentice Commis Chef Heaney & Mill
We are looking for a Commis chef to work alongside our kitchen team at our city centre and Headingley venues. This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent potential for personal development.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our restaurant is a newly converted, cosy 40 cover family run business with long-standing roots . The food offering is high quality casual dining serving breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Our event catering can be anything from fine dining banquets right through to sandwiches for small meetings so a vast range of experience and varied skill set would be preferred but full training will be provided. We pride ourselves on quality, using 100% fresh food and everything made in house so any applicants must have an eye for detail extremely high standards and the work rate to support this. We are an ambitious company looking for people with a similar ethos to help develop what we already do and grow individually alongside the business. This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent potential for personal development.
Duties to include:
- Prepare and garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and plate presentation
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Allergen awareness. Paying close attention to customers' allergen needs
- Stores unused food properly, and informs Head chef / senior chef of larger quantities of stored food
- Ensures that food from their own station is delivered on time - asks for help if needed
- Follow food safety, food hygiene, and sanitation practices
Requirements and prospects
- Good with time keeping
- Passionate about the industry
- An all-round good team player
We are looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy, and confident in their capabilities. The potential applicant must also be good with time management, enjoys being part of team and a person that the team can depend on.
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
To be hired as a full time member of the team.
Things to consider
- Shifts may vary in accordance to the needs of the business.
- This may include weekend and evening work.
- Location of the business
- Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 284 6464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.