Software Developer Apprentice Iris Intelligence Limited
We are looking for a software development apprentice to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and practice cutting edge IT technologies in Web and Mobile App development.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
£18,000.00 - £22,000.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
21 Jul 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
We provide web-based Enterprise software for major businesses and government organisations in the UK, US and worldwide. The system is built using ASP.NET with the MVC Entity Framework using a SQL Server backend database.
- You will learn and participate in developing new features and maintain existing system in both front-end and back-end
- It requires knowledge in C#, HTML, CSS, JQuery, ASP.NET and MS SQL database
- Helping to maintain the back-end dashboard and develop new features according to our development roadmap
- Augmentation of the front end user interface – UX and UI skills will be encouraged
- Subscription for appropriate online courses (e.g. Udemy) will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- Programming experience (ideally in C#, Java)
- Basic web development skills (HTML + CSS + JQuery)
- Knowledge Databases (SQL Server)
- Customer Service / Tech support experience
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to meet personal and team goals
- Ability of problem solving
- Mobile App development experience (iOS, Android) may be beneficial but are not mandatory
- Programming experience preferred
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Good work planning skills and self-management
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
Permanent IT developer position.
Things to consider
- Company computer
- Flexible working by arrangement
- Potential for international travel
- Bonus will be awarded based on performance
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About the employer
IRIS Intelligence is a provider of Enterprise Software Solutions based in Bath and Bristol. Our client base is typically high-profile blue-chip organisations from both public and private sector (e.g. UK Cabinet Office, NASA, Johns Hopkins University).
Our company has grown primarily through word-of-mouth recommendations based on delivery of exceptional products and customer service at a highly competitive price. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated individuals to join us on our expansion journey.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Of Bath College
The Apprenticeships Team 01225 328752 email@example.com
Software Developer Level 4
- Initial 16 weeks college block release followed by weekly half day college release with assessor visits within the workplace.
- End Point Assessment EPA
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.