Level 3 Business Administrator Apprentice - Cross College Bridgwater & Taunton College
The successful candidate will provide a range of administrative support across the college such as Finance and Human Resources, Curriculum support, Business Development and Student services. This will give a broad understanding and overview of office systems and College wide administration.
Closing date: 09 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
21 Sep 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This training opportunity offers experience and skills development in general office tasks, including delivering excellent customer service both verbally and in written communications. To succeed in this role you will need to be well organised with a friendly and flexible approach to working. For further information about this role or for an informal chat please contact Katy Hockings, Executive Assistant to the Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide an excellent service to all customers appropriately through all media i.e. face-to-face, telephone, email and to be a point of call for visitors in person or by telephone
- Use various computer packages (including word processing, databases and spreadsheets) to produce a wide range of documentation in line with corporate standards
- Maintain electronic and manual filing and retrieval systems in an efficient and organised manner, and to archive records as required
- Provide high quality administrative support under the supervision of the Cross College Personal Assistant
- Contribute to and support projects seeking to improve the student experience as required
- Support the in the organisation of and participate in College events as required
- Order hospitality and resources as required and be responsible for the up keeping of stored stationery. Distribute post and deliver outgoing mail to the post room in a timely manner
- Use relevant database programmes (ProSolution, iTrent, Pro-Monitor etc. – training will be provided) Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of the post under the supervision of the Area PEA
- Deal with sensitive and confidential information appropriately. Attend Department, Area and College meetings as required
- Supports and promotes equality and diversity at the College to ensure equality of opportunity for all students, visitors and staff and the elimination of discriminatory practices
- Maintains and promote a healthy and safe environment at the College to ensure students, visitors and staff are safe from harm
- Supports and promotes the safeguarding agenda at the College to ensure students, visitors and staff are safeguarded
- To partake in marketing and recruitment activities for the Section, including open evenings, school tasters and visits, student profiling for publications etc.
- Any other duties connected with the post as are reasonably required from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to use IT packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and an aptitude to work with other software
- The ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail Able to follow instructions, anticipate priorities and manage workload appropriately
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude in all aspects of the role
- A flexible, approachable style of working with other to achieve successful outcomes A drive to achieve quality in all aspects of the role
- Have a good telephone and customer service manner
- A commitment and enthusiastic approach to continuous self-development and improvement
- Hold a GCSE or Level 2 qualification at Grade A* to C in English and maths or be willing to work towards as part of the apprenticeship framework
- The success of Bridgwater & Taunton College rests on a very strongly felt and shared set of values which determine its strategic direction
- It is absolutely crucial that the successful candidate shares our values of student-centredness, equality of opportunity and parity of esteem for staff and students
- S/he must enjoy working within the team philosophy of the College and working collaboratively
At Bridgwater & Taunton College we are:
- Passionate and excited about learning
- Inclusive and supportive
- Responsive to student, employer and community needs
- Always aspiring to the highest standards
- Professional and enterprising
- Innovative and creative
- Friendly and welcoming
GCSE’s in the A* - C (4 – 9) range or equivalent. Completion of an initial assessment at College, which will help to decide on the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Things to consider
Based at the Bridgwater campus.
Working Hours The successful candidate will be expected to work 37 hours per week. Normal working hours will be between 8:30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4.30pm on Friday. Some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the department in agreement with your line manager. This is a fixed-term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship dependant of the duration of the framework.
The holiday year runs from 1 September - 31 August each year. The bookable annual leave entitlement for this role is 21 working days. Annual leave is flexible, subject to business needs and should be planned and agreed with your manager. Annual leave of one day will be required to be booked for the Christmas closure.
Any offer of employment will be subject to employment references, medical clearance and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance (see below for further details of the disclosure procedure).
£10,000 per annum (First year apprentice rate)
It has been custom and practice for the College to close for a two week period at Christmas each year, with the exception of some functions due to business requirements. This practice will continue, subject to any future changes in the organisation of College terms/curriculum programmes.
The candidate appointed to the post will automatically become a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme and pay contributions as determined by annual salary levels. The pension scheme is a defined benefit salary scheme and includes life assurance cover, and the College will also pay a contribution towards your pension.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.