Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship The Grove
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges.
Duties will include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent in maths and English.
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
The Grove is a converted hotel-style property that provides short breaks to over-18s with learning disabilities. Offering 24-hour support, The Grove is ideal for those looking for relaxation or respite, offering a variety of social, recreational and therapeutic activities and entertainment.
Situated in its own private grounds in the centre of Old Birtley, The Grove is easily accessible and close to all main transport links and amenities in Gateshead, Newcastle and Durham. The main house has eight ensuite bedrooms, two lounges and a kitchen area.
With full disabled access, two of the downstairs bedrooms also have ceiling tracking to allow ease of movement for those who require support. The home’s main bathroom also offers tracking over a modified bath and an adapted shower to accommodate a cradle or chair.
Guests come to The Grove for a range of reasons and the home can accommodate for all. Offering two lounges, guests can relax and enjoy an environment that most suits their needs and mood.
There are two lounges: The Main Lounge and The Quiet Lounge. Both rooms offer individual facilities including a video and DVD player, games console and flat screen television. Most of residents’ socialising time is spent in these lounges.
All meals are provided and guests have access to tea and coffee-making facilities at all times.
The Grove offers a full programme of events and trips, and guests are encouraged to participate in as much or as little as they like.
Every guest at The Grove will receive a Service Plan to ensure they receive the high standard of care associated with Gainford Care Homes.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury +441915185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.