Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician NATURAL STONE SURFACES LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Natural Stone Surfaces Limited as part of their Maintenance team. Natural Stone Surfaces are looking for an ambitious individual to join their team to train as a mechanical engineering apprentice technician.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable level 4 (HNC)qualification in mechanical engineering
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workspace and the college
- Use authorized plant and equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to work areas and work in a safe manner taking account of other people’s health and wellbeing
- To develop the skills to construct or modify equipment including control panels and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings, from research, teaching and student projects, to a high degree of precision
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
- To support planned maintenance activities assisting to the appropriate level under supervision
- Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance department
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers, managers, to ensure the effectiveness of the repairs and maintenance service
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the site or college campus
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder
The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
Requirements and prospects
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to prove problem solving techniques
- Good numeracy and Literacy skills
- Confident Communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Positive attitude
- Willing to help others
- Motivated to achieve objectives
- Confident to discuss work with colleagues
Grades 4/C and above in English and maths.
Chesterfield College continues to develop strong relationships with employers and we encourage any organisation considering recruiting an apprentice to support them to progress onto a higher apprenticeship level, or offer full time employment at the end of their apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Noisy Environment
- Physical work
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Founded in 2001 with just three team members, Natural Stone Surfaces has vastly grown in size over the last decade to become one of the UK’s leading stone manufacturers.
Our extensive customer base includes many kitchen studios across the UK and into mainland Europe, where our commitment to quality and attention to detail has brought with it continuing growth over the years. We are proud to work with some of the industry’s most prestigious kitchen manufacturers and interior designers, all of whom demand an efficient service at a competitive price.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Katy Hanna 0345 850 1055 APLU@chesterfield.ac.uk
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards a Level 3 Manufacturing Operations Engineering Technician, with support from your employer and Chesterfield College.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills (dependent upon your GCSE grades) which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.