Welding Apprentice Demon International Ltd
Demon International Ltd (also known as Demon Pressure Washers) are looking to recruit a welding/fabricating apprentice to join their team in Ivybridge. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supervised by a qualified member of staff to support the development of your skills and knowledge.
Your role will predominantly include:
- Cutting metal and other materials
- Joining and shaping metal and other materials
- Using heat and a range of tools to build and weld a range of frames to suit our industrial pressure washers
Due to the location of this role, transport will be required.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate will need to be motivated and hardworking
- You need to have good hand eye coordination skills and show a focused approach to the job in hand, with an eye for detail to produce a quality finish
- Excellent time keeping and attendance are also desirable, with good communication skills to work well within a team
- In order to be successful for this role, you will need to be motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking
- You must be able to remain focused at the job in hand and show an interest to progress your skills and knowledge
- The ideal candidate will be physically fit in order to meet the requirements of this position
- Due to the nature of this role, you must also be confident working at height as you may be required to work on secured scaffolding and/or working platforms
- GCSE Grade A*-E (9-2) in maths and English is desirable, or equivalent qualifications
At the end of your apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity for the right candidate to progress on to long term employment as many of their past apprentices have.
Things to consider
In order to be successful for this role, you must be confident to work at height and have your own transport.
About the employer
Demon International Ltd have been specialising in manufacturing cleaning equipment for a diverse range of industries and applications for over 30 years. With many years of research and development the latest Demon range is the UK market leader for safety, quality and reliability. Founded in 1964 and originally selling equipment to the construction industry, Demon have diversified and evolved to suit their customers needs in an ever changing market place.
Demon’s range of industrial pressure washers include hot and cold water machines, petrol and diesel pressure washers, bowser and mini-bowser pressure washers and the latest innovation in environmentally green cleaning, the Tornado Mini Bowser Electron.
The firm are dedicated to training their staff both in nationally recognised qualifications and in-house programmes such as Health and Safety. Therefore the company are prepared to spend time and resources in training an apprentice to learn the role properly and become both skilled and efficient at the job.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship in Welding consists of:
- Level 2 General Welder Standard (Arc Processes)
- Functional Skills
As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our Skills Group training centre for one day per week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by Skills Group and your employer.
You will have regular visits every six to twelve weeks from your designated Skills Group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.