Apprentice Dental Nurse East Harling Dental Practice
An exciting opportunity to join the East Harling Dental Care as an Apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager. Daily duties will include:
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Assisting with Patient Chaperone
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
This is a great opportunity to join a highly experienced and well respected team within the industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Must be able to travel to other locations for training if required
- Can attend training courses outside normal hours of attendance
- Ability to cope with occasional exposure to aggressive behaviour, distressing circumstances or emotional events
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in your own working area and others
- Team player
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude/good sense of humour
- Must demonstrate an ability to take pride in your work
- Will be able to communicate with patients and the practice team in an appropriate manner
- Good general standard of education including both English and Maths, OR equivalent
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete a minimum of a Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship within contract of employment
- Potential of full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship
- Provided you succeed in the apprenticeship you will also be required to study for further qualifications
Things to consider
The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at East Harling Dental Practice.
About the employer
A Modern Private Dental Practice with a vision to Specialise into Implantology and Endodontics.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins Ben.Gaskins@poultec.co.uk
The Eighteen-month work-based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- City and Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths (if required)
- City and Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English (if required)
- Health and Safety
- Cross Infection
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Prevention of Disease
- First aid essentials roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion based on a scenario, covering defined areas of the standard.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.