Site Supervisor- Apprentice Outwood Academy City
We are looking to appoint a Site Supervisor Apprentice to work as part of a team to ensure the provision of a high quality environment is achieved throughout the Academy. Working hours will include some evening work to support academy events where necessary.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To assist the Head Caretaker to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient running of the school buildings and premises.
As part of the Caretaking team maintaining and developing:
- School premises, site and associated facilities to support existing services and ongoing improvements
- Specialist site services within the school
- Full and thorough programme of maintenance of the buildings, grounds and equipment
- Site security and the alarm and CCTV systems
- Various service level contracts for the school
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- To uphold the catholic life and values of the school at all times
- To maintain a high standard of professionalism and conduct at all times
- To work closely with other school staff to ensure the smooth operation of school events and celebrations
- To run a tidy, well-resourced and well-ordered office area ensuring all paperwork is correctly filed
- To ensure the grounds are tidy, well-kept and free of litter and seasonal debris
- To ensure a safe site and safe practices at all times
- Promote and ensure the health and safety of pupils, staff & visitors (in accordance with appropriate health & safety legislation) at all times
- Attend relevant meetings and participate in training and other learning activities and programmes as required
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as a member of a team and work on own initiative, without direct supervision if required
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond to emergencies
- Ability to work with and relate to young people
- Good communications skills
- Computer literate, including the use of IPad’s and other devices
- Team working
- Committed team player
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Reliability and honesty
- Able to accept instructions from Line Manager(s) and act on them
- Be optimistic, enthusiastic and ‘generous of spirit’
- Have a sense of proportion and humour
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Must have at least one exemption in maths or English (GCSE, or equivalent, Grade E/4 minimum).
- Potential progression into full-time employment upon completion, if there is a role available after the apprenticeship
About the employer
Outwood Academy City became part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, nationally recognised as one of the top performing multi-academy trusts, in January 2014. The trust is committed to raising standards and transforming lives through a relentless focus on quality in the classroom which puts students first.
Since January 2014 the academy has delivered successful outcomes for students and continued, year on year, to improve results and therefore the life chances of the individuals – prior to conversion only 43% of students left the school with the national benchmark, in 2018 over 68% of students passed both the new GCSEs in English and Mathematics.
At Outwood Academy City a significant amount of thought has gone into creating an innovative and knowledge-rich curriculum which enables any student within our academy to fulfil their potential and develop the all-important skills and qualities, which will serve them later in life. We fully support the entitlement that students have to study the group of qualifications known as English Baccalaureate (EBacc). As part of our core values we offer the opportunity for additional English and Mathematics for those who need it. We do this in the full knowledge that further and higher education, as well as many employment opportunities such as apprenticeships, requires students to attain good levels of literacy and numeracy.
Outwood Academy City is a community where students and staff work together to create an amazing learning environment which is positive, challenging and rewarding in equal measure. We are proud of the quality offered within our classrooms where the high expectations of teachers lead to pupils achieving well.
In February 2019, Ofsted judged the academy to be ‘Good with Outstanding Leadership’. Inspectors noted that, “pupils work well together and are happy and confident to learn from each other. They share ideas and, in some instances, teach each other new ideas or concepts. For example, pupils check each other’s work, offer supportive advice and guidance and, as a result, they consolidate learning collaboratively and supportively.
“They take into account pupils’ barriers and issues and, consequently, provide high-quality wraparound care and support.
“Teachers’ positive relationships with pupils are enabling the vast majority of them to make gains in their learning and progress. Pupils quickly respond to teachers’ expectations and instructions. The positive relationships evident are strongly contributing to pupils’ progress and their resilience when learning from their mistakes.
“Leadership at all levels, including governance and support and guidance from the trust, is truly outstanding at Outwood Academy City”.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Nina +447724847420 email@example.com
Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Legislative requirements and responsibilities relating to health and safety, access & inclusion, manual handling, working at heights, hazardous substances (COSHH), reporting of injuries, diseases etc. (RIDDOR)
- HSE Five steps to risk assessment
- The features and purpose of effective customer service
- Customers’ and organizational corporate social responsibility and sustainability policies and requirements e.g. environmentally friendly initiatives; “People, Planet, Profit”
- Comply with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation (Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974) e.g. logging incidents, posting/distributing health and safety notices, checking fire extinguishers, fire alarms, confirming that checks have been carried out, use of PPE
- Identify risks, hazards and threats to people, property and premises in accordance with SOPs
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.