Adult Care Apprenticeship YOUR CARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity for a good natured individual who is interested in increasing their knowledge and skills within the care sector. As an Adult Care Apprentice you will be working within in an Older Peoples setting, supporting residents on a day to day basis to meet their individual needs.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities could include:
- Personal care
- Administration of medication
- Meal preparation
- Financial assistance
- Escort to hospital appointments
- Light domestic duties
- Engage in social activities on and off site
- Develop and maintain friendships and relationships
- Meet all aspects of their personal care including showering, dressing and toilet needs
- Understand a variety of diets for specific resident’s needs
You must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to a good standard, understand and follow risk policies as well as accident and incident reporting procedures.
You must be able to identify and report any safeguarding concerns in line with the Company’s safeguarding and whistle-blowing procedures.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package of benefits, and a wide range of training.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a wide range of people
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to complete and record observations of people you support
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated and passionate team
- The ability to use own initiative
- The ability to listen and respond to people’s needs
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work within and follow set guidelines and plans e.g. Individual Support Plans, Risk Assessments
- Ability to meet personal care needs of people within the guidelines set by a support plan
- To contribute to the organisation and running of social activities
- Be a positive team member
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desireable. If you do not hold these qualifications then you will have to study towards them alongside your adult care course.
A permanent full-time position may be available on completion of this apprenticeship for the right candidate. There will also be the opportunity to progress onto roles with more responsibility.
Things to consider
Please ensure you have completed the application in full, and included all of the qualifications you have obtained from school through to your current position. Especially your grades in maths and English.
This is the first impression an employer receives of you. Adapt your application to the job role. Use capital letters where appropriate, check all spellings, and don’t forget punctuation. It may be beneficial to use a Word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier. If you need any further information or assistance with your application, please email:
Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk remembering to quote the vacancy title.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Your Care Solutions aim to deliver a service of personal care and domestic services to meet the needs of dependent clients in their own home environment.
This will be achieved by promoting a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of Good Care Practice that is witnessed and evaluated through practice, conduct and control of quality care in the domestic environment .
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Andrew Hughes 01204 482954 email@example.com
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- The Care Certificate (Skills for Health)
- Job specific specialised training e.g dementia
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.